Poptimal.com needs Pop Culture Gurus!
Comic-Con, Television, Movies, Pop Culture and Video Games. Think you know your stuff? Poptimal.com is a nationally recognized pop culture review website based out of the Washington, DC, metro area.
We are currently looking for writers who are passionate about movies and/or faithfully devoted to their favorite television shows to contribute to our site. Selected candidates will be responsible for writing reviews for current television shows and newly released movies. We are especially looking for writers in the New York and Los Angeles areas; however all should apply.
Candidates need not be experienced writers, but must have excellent writing skills and strong opinions, as well as be reliable and able to meet pre-established deadlines. Poptimal™ greatly values diversity and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
You must be 21 years or older and reside in the United States or Canada.
What’s in it for you? If you are chosen to be a Poptimal™ writer, you will receive one or more of the following:
- Advanced screenings of movies and television shows;
- The opportunity to add your voice to the 24-hour pop culture conversation through your own recurring featured writing section(s) on the Poptimal™ website;
- The opportunity to inform or inspire a global audience;
- The chance to be a part of a rapidly-growing company; and
- An opportunity to build your portfolio with published articles in a nationally recognized and industry respected website.
This is a non-paid position. Do not apply if you are requesting a paid position.
If interested, please email the following in Microsoft WORD format or as a .pdf file to: email@example.com:
- One sample review of a recent film or television episode (not to exceed 500 words, double-spaced, 12-point font);
- A short bio telling us who you are and where you are from (not to exceed 1/2 page, double-spaced, 12-point font);
- A list of your top 5 current TV shows and 5 favorite movies released within the last 2 years;
- Indicate your familiarity with using Word Press or other blogging software; and
- Be sure to use the following subject line: “I Want To Be A Pop Culture Guru.”
***Special consideration will be given to those writers that can attend celebrity/pop culture events during the work week in New York and Los Angeles.
Following these directions is important and will be used as one of the metrics in evaluating your application.
Application Deadline is March 11, 2012 at 11:59pm.