Poptimal.com is offering unique and exciting summer internship opportunities. Specifically, Poptimal.com seeks three (3) to four (4) summer interns to help write and edit articles, interview celebrities, produce podcasts, and manage social network accounts, such as Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace.
About the Company
Poptimal.com is a pop culture review website that provides reviews and recommendations about movies, television, and other pop culture events. The website covers many of your favorite television shows and movies and offers reviews from people just like you.
- The Internship will last from June 2009 – August 2009;
- Interns can work from home;
- This is an unpaid Internship;
- Interns may be eligible for college/university credit;
- Interns will be required to work 15 – 20 hours per week;
- Travel to movie premieres and pop culture events may be required; and
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria in considering applicants:
- Critical Thinking;
- Communication, including interpersonal skills;
- Strong research/writing skills, including editing and fact checking;
- Comfortability with writing on a variety of movie/tv related topics;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Experience drafting press releases is desired, but not required;
- Familiarity with current movies, television shows, directors, producers, and celebrities;
- Familiarity with WordPress is desired, but not required; and
- Familiarity with Garage Band is desired, but not required.
*If selected, the applicant(s) must pass a short editing exercise.
How To Apply:
Email the following materials in WORD, Word Perfect, or PDF format to: email@example.com. (Please put to the attention of the Poptimal Selection Committee and the subject line must state “Summer 2009 Internship Application“)
- Cover Letter expressing why you want to intern for Poptimal.com and highlighting any of your relevant experience.
- Resume (which includes where you are currently living and current contact information)
- 2 References
Application Deadline is May 25, 2009.
Tips for Applying
- Apply quickly (Don’t wait until the last minute);
- Make sure your grammar and sentence structure are tight;
- Be yourself; and
- Review the website.