Poptimal is a social utility that connects you with a community of people in order to read, write, and discuss reviews and recommendations of popular culture phenomena. The Poptimal service and network (collectively, “Poptimal” or “the Service”) are operated by Poptimal LLC and its business affiliates (collectively, “us”, “we” or “the Company”). By accessing or using our web site at www.Poptimal.com or the mobile version thereof (together the “Site”) or by posting a Share Button on your site, you (the “User”) signify that you have read, understand and agree to be legally bound by this Code of Conduct whether or not you are a registered member of Poptimal. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Code of Conduct at any time without further notice. The top of this page will notify you of revisions to this Code of Conduct and reflect the effective date of those revisions. Your continued use of the Service or the Site after any such revisions constitutes his/her acceptance of the new Code of Conduct. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Code of Condcut, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Service or the Site. It is the your responsibility to regularly check the Site to determine whether there have been changes to this Code of Conduct and to review such changes.
Content – General
Certain types of content are made available through the Site. “Content” as used in the Poptimal Terms of Service means, collectively, the text, data, graphics, images, photos, and video files made available through the Site, excluding User Content. “User Content” as used in this Code of Conduct means, collectively, the text, data, graphics, images, photos and other content and information which Members post, upload and otherwise submit to the Site, including without limitation in Member created profile pages. POPTIMAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE AND PERMANENTLY DELETE ANY POPTIMAL CONTENT OR USER SUBMISSIONS FROM THE SITE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Poptimal allows you to upload and share user generated Content (“User Content”) with the Poptimal community, such as photographs of yourself on your profile page, and text that you write. This means that you may post and share original photographs that are of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art created by you or your friends. It is not intended as a place for you to post third-party copyrighted content, such as the latest movie poster or print advertisement. In addition, we expect our users to use good judgment and respect the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of others. Therefore, in using Poptimal, you may not:
- upload or share any photographs or other Content other than original works that are created by you or another user;
- post or share any Content that infringes upon or violates the copyright, trademarks or other rights of any third party; or
- attempt to circumvent any content filtering techniques we may employ.
While we believe users should be able to express themselves and their point of view, certain kinds of speech simply do not belong in a community like Poptimal. Popitmal is the final decider and arbiter of what constitutes inappropriate content. Therefore, you may not post or share Content that:
- is obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit;
- depicts graphic or gratuitous violence;
- makes threats of any kind or that intimidates, harasses, or bullies anyone;
- is derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, or offensive;
- invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity (including without limitation any pornography, erotica, child pornography or child erotica);
- is deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting of unlawful action; or
- defamatory, libelous, vulgar or violent or constitute hate speech or are otherwise objectionable in the opinion of Poptimal, or that contain objects or symbols of hate.
Unlawful or Harmful Content or Conduct
Although as an online service provider, we are not responsible for the conduct of our users, we want Poptimal to be a safe place on the internet. Therefore, in using Poptimal, you may not:
- violate any local, state, national or international law or post any Content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of Poptimal or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Poptimal Content;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use Poptimal to send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- post or share any personally identifiable or private information of any third party;
- solicit passwords or personal information from anyone, including those under 18;
- post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- register for more than one account or use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization or create a false identity on the Service or the Site, or impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or some other form of social engineering or otherwise commit fraud;
- engage in any predatory or stalking conduct;
- use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Poptimal name, trademark, URL or product name;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting or in any way use the Site or Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) any web pages available at the Site, servers or networks connected to the Site or the technical delivery systems of Poptimal’s providers or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Poptimal system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting the Site or Services;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Services;
- attempt to access, search or meta-search the Site with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than software and/or search agents provided by Poptimal or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Opera), including without limitation any software that sends queries to the Site to determine how a website or web page ranks;
- collect or store personal data about other Poptimal users without their express permission;
- use the Site or Services in any manner not permitted by this Agreement; or
- encourage or instruct any other individual to do any of the foregoing or to violate any term of these Terms of Service.
This Content Code of Conduct is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Poptimal. It is your (the user’s) responsibility to check back for changes to this Code of Conduct.